Thursday 24 March 2011

Gifts from the Blogisphere

The multi coloured tulips we were given when Mini Cuckoo was born
The gifts I have received from blogland are mostly changes with in me.  What I'm trying to say, badly, is I feel a much more contented soul since finding this world.  It all started off with me flitting from blog to blog finding amazing projects to have a go at.  You see I'd decided to try my hand at making clothes and I wanted to learn to crochet too.  I can't remember how I ended up reading a blog or even which blog it was, I assume I was looking for a sewing guide, and there I was, in blogland! I think I fell in love!  Yes I did, I did fall in love, that's exactly what happened.  I'm sure if you're reading this it has probably happened to you too so it doesn't matter if I'm not explaining it very eloquently.  I found myself so excited by what I was seeing and reading that it wasn't long before I wanted to join in.  That's when the biggest change happened.  I suddenly saw my life very differently.  I noticed small things in my life, I paid more attention to the little details, I slowed up, took stock, re evaluated and then fell in love with MY LIFE.  Instead of obliquely noticing white washing on a line I found myself marvelling at it.  Sniffing it.  Taking photo's and then writing about it.  I acknowledge that I still don't enjoy pegging it all out, that time spent hanging it all up could have been spent on something much more fun yet I now find I don't loathe the job so much, I have found something positive in a chore.  That's one small example, I could give so many more, but I don't think I need to, I think you know what I'm saying, that's another thing about this crafting community, we kind of "get" one another.

Then there are actual physical gifts, when I received this I was just so thrilled. Yesterday I found myself once again opening a parcel from Sandi.  I had no idea she'd sent something, she kept very quiet about it (you monkey, Sandi!), I recognised her hand writing straight away and dashed to get my camera.


Inside I found this gorgeous card, so much detail and thought that has gone into it.  Baa baa black sheep nursery rhyme on the paper and photo's of Mini Cuckoo from my blog.


 There was a hand written note inside the card and two ribboned parcels, Big Cuckoo shot off with the envelope, tissue paper and ribbons.  I found them under his pillow when  made his bed this morning.  Funny little onion!

This hanging  decoration represents me and my three boys and will look so lovely in Mini Cuckoo's nursery.  I've popped it on the door knob till I get my hammer out where upon I'll put it on the wall where he'll be able to see it when he starts to sleep in there.



Each heart is embellished with careful embroidery. This was Sandi's first foray into felting, I think it went well for her!






There's even a little bird on the bell, actually the bell tinkles very nicely when the door is opened so may be it'll stay on the door knob.


The back is gorgeous too.



 The second parcel held these booties knitted by Sandi using Bamboo and cotton yarn. They are so soft and they smell very nice too!


All together now, ahhhhhh!

Look at his little legs, they're beginning to chubby up now, losing their newborn bird like appearance.  Can you believe he is now four weeks old? 



Thank you Sandi, you're such a lovely lady to spring this surprise on me.  I love everything you have made for my little baby.  These items will be going in his memory box when he gets older.  

xxx




I've been given an award! I've not had an award before, another gift from blogland, as it's a first for me I thought I'd play along this time. I'm delighted that Sarah from Squiggling About has named me as one of her five blogs to pass the Liebster Award to.  Thank you ever so much! Now as I understand it I'm to name 5 blogs to receive the award from me, that's a bit tricky but I'll have a go, this award has been going for a while and I think some of my fav blogs have already had this one bestowed upon them.

1. Things I learnt the hard way
2. Sandiart
3. Little Tin Bird
4. Apples and Pears
5. Where your heart is

All you have to do is thank the person who gave you it and link back to them, then choose your 5 blogs to pass it on to and leave them a message to say you've given them the liebster award.  Join in if you fancy it but don't feel obliged!

I have a lot of WiP's going on at the moment so I'm going to give you all a sneak peek at each one over the next few days.  See you tomorrow!

xxx

7 comments:

  1. Hello,

    there is something about blogging, like you said we all seem to like the same things. The problem with me is I see too many things I like. :0)

    Lou xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Cuckoo! Thank you so much for the award!!! Wow! I really really do appreciate it and it is lovely to come here and visit your gorgeous blog!! Isn't blogland the best! I love it and it has really brought me a lot of happiness making contact with so many lovely and talented ladies...like you! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. wow, thank you! <3 you're so kind. I'm really glad that I found your blog.
    What lovely gifts Sandi sent too, aww :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Cuckoo, how wonderful that blogging has added a wonderful new dimension to your life. If it can make hanging out the washing an enjoyable experience (I get what you mean too) that's brilliant.
    I found that I view things differently too, noticing details, where BB (before blogging) I would've glossed over it.
    How thoughtful of Sandi to send you that lovely gift. It's all so lovely, made with thought and care from the card, down to the little birdy bell.
    A beautiful surprise package and the booties look so sweet on bubs feet.

    Thanks for popping by mine. I did try the bobble stitch, loved the tute, very easy to follow and the stitch is very effective too. I felt quite clever learning this new stitch, so thank you very much.

    Enjoy the coming weekend,

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those bootees are so cute. Keep cuddling your little one, they grow up far too quickly, as I am sure you are well aware! You are so lucky. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there!

    I so get where you are coming from. I have no idea really how I stumbled upon blogs. i think I was searching for something online and came across one and from one hopped to another and quite quickly became hooked.

    It too has brought a new and lovely dimension to my life. It's a place I can be me and people 'get me'. It's like a HUGE coffee morning or the most awesome magazine, full of inspiring ideas, pretty pictures, lovely stories and helpful tips. There are days when I have the wobbles and wonder what on earth I am doing, but I am not sure that I could ever really completely give it up. The community is wonderful and I have met the most brilliant and generous people because of it. So, long live the blogging!

    The gifts you were sent are so beautiful. and what a lovely thing to do to put them in your keepsake box.

    Have a super friday and weekend!

    Vanessa xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I so agree! I found blogland a few years ago and I feel so validated and see more beauty in everything I see hear and touch now. It is love. I welcome you as I still feel the love♥
    Your sweet gifts are darling and even more so are your precious Baby legs! So tiny! My Babies are 20 & 22.. It FLEW by :( But I still love being a Momma..even to my adult daughters♥♥

    ReplyDelete

I L♡VE your comments. Thank you ever so for taking the time. I do try to get back to everyone but I am rather scatty and I have these 3 big distractions....(and I'm just generally a bit rubbish lately, so please don't feel obliged to leave a note) Sorry about the word verification too, too much spam.