Friday 27 May 2011

Feeling a touch shabby, surprise surprise!

I've definitely felt better.


But that's by the by. I am, however chuffed to bits that the fantabulous Heather (thank you, doll) has passed on the Kreative Blogger award to me and equally as chuffed that two of the blogs she also passed the award on to have, in turn, sent it back my way. So I have been given this award 3 times in the last 24 hours. I find that really wonderful and crackers! So THANK YOU thank you THANK YOU to Victoria of Yarn Round Hook and Jacquie of Bunny Mummy, two ladies blogs I have long admired.

Right so, this is what I have to do, reveal 10 facts about myself and pass the award on.

1. I have a hangover. It reminds me of morning sickness. The dragging fatigue and the delicate tummy and giddiness. It's the one thing that puts me off having more children. Which would be a relief for Mr C, he's not said "No more", not categorically but I get the impression it's not going to happen. And I feel sad about that, but on the plus side no morning sickness again. So that's good.

2. I wanted to call Mini, Django. I think it's a fab name but everyone laughed and thought I was joking.

3. I once burnt Margaret Thatcher with a hot plate when waitressing aged 16.

4. I tell my boys that the sweets they see in the shops are not for us as they are ornaments. I don't think I'm going to get away with that for much longer.

5. Up until 2 hours ago my legs were incredibly hairy. Tomorrow I will wear a skirt.

6. Big Cuckoo gets his words wrong sometimes and I don't correct him because I like his version better. The latest one I'm loving is Bar-gee-coo. That's BBQ to me and you.

7. I have a ferocious, vicious temper. I don't flare up very often but when I do it is terrible.

8. I'm nervous of Big's head mistress.

9. I used to fly for Virgin and would request flights to New York every month. I love it there. I once had a bagel at 5am peering through a window at Tiffany's just to be a little Audreyish. Shame I wasn't wearing Givenchy....

10. My NY resolutions aren't going very well. I'm not doing well in the glamour stakes. As I sit here I have panda eyes and ragged nails and I'm wearing a truly dreadful dressing gown (I love it though). At least my legs are now smooth!



I pass this on to:


Have a great bank holiday weekend folks...see you after half term I expect.

xxx



16 comments:

  1. Am I going nuts or was that photo at La Tasca for my 30th??!!! I recognise the tiles....I am going nuts, ya?
    Hope you are feeling better now doll.
    x x x x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't think you were joking about Django but I like Mini's real name Much much better!
    Loving the 'sweets are ornaments' idea and wishing I had employed it with the girls.
    Need to talk to you about your photos randomly showing up in my google photos folder! Very strange!
    Talk soon? Xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. We also rarely corrected the Princess when she said things is her own funny way. It's too cute.
    But now when she still says Mum do you RE-REMBER the time..."I have to correct her.

    Earlier on I was showing her a seafood soup recipe and she looked at the picture and said "I can't". And this went on for a couple of moments and then she said "I just can't....you said it was See Through Soup". BLESS!

    I loved Derek in Spanish. Hee hee. x xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. The word LAND has gone from your banner! What is UP with blogger lately?!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm off line for a week and you post a million posts... well not quite a million. I have just had a glass of wine after a week of sickness and I must say it has gone to the old head a little, 'not a care in the world' but I guess I should get up and cook dinner, can't be arsed tho' must admit, I have two grown up kids who could cook for me!!! and yeh, hell would freeze over before that happened. Quick pasta may be in order.
    loving all your posts especially your drink one hehe. Did you get my email about the apple cover (Molly Makes)
    x Sandi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats and a great list of facts! Like you, I tend not to correct my boy's speech (the Mr does) because he is growing up so fast and I know I will miss those sweet, funny mispronounciations like anything xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your 10 things about you that you shared. What wonderful Honesty ♥
    Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I told my husband you considered Django for little Mini and he said damm why didn't I think of that for one of ours. Possibly because we aren't gypsies with guitar skills (actually no. 1 is quite good on guitar) he thinks your a woman of taste.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Have you recovered now? Hangovers are dreadful aren't they - I can't handle my drink any more. I had a few glasses of wine a couple of months ago and was ill for a whole day afterwards - literally could not move, I felt so queasy. Puts you off for a while... Sounds like you had a fun night and I had to laugh at your drunken blog that you tried to remove! Ha ha!

    Am starting to think that we may have been separated at birth. I also have a vicious temper, but more spookily my parents live in Kettering now! I live in a village about half an hour away from them. SUCH a small world!!!

    I have never been to New York and am desperate to go, I know I would love it.

    Now, I am trying to find a crochet hook roll and I am SURE I've seen one with a Tales From Cuckoo Land label on it somewhere in blogland but cannot remember where... Do you make stuff to sell? Have you previously?

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nicki, yes I got a crochet hook roll! Here:
    http://thingslearntthehardway.blogspot.com/search/label/crochet%20roll

    I am in <3 with it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations on your award! Well deserved!!!!!! Thank you for passing it on........will have to think on some things! Loved reading more about you! Hope the head has well and truly healed now!!!!!!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  12. Well done on the award!
    Great to discover your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I was thinking of you actually when I saw the comments from people! Very embarrasing but I'm seeing the funny side lol!

    We all do it! x

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi, thanks for the comment on my blog (from one of your stalkers/blodders/followers :-) )
    To follow my blog, you need to go into your blogger dashboard, and under the list of blogs you're following you'll see an "add" button. If you click on that you can add any url that has a feed. I'm on wordpress, so I don't have a follow button.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Now that we've been talking about The Sound of Music I keep singing 'Cuck-oo' from 'So Long, Farewell' when I see your 'name'. Anyway. I am sooo sorry, I thought your crochet rolls were for sale! In my defence, guv'ner, there is a proper fancy label on it. You mustn't make one especially for me, you've got loads to do with the small cuckoos and the master cuckoo to look after. Where did you get the pattern from? Was it easy? I've only made some lavender bags and half an apron with my sewing machine so far, not sure I can master a crochet roll yet but I perhaps ought to have a go.

    Hope you're having a lovely half term week. Looking forward to some blog action from you.

    Nicki xx

    ReplyDelete

I L♡VE your comments. Thank you ever so for taking the time. I do try to get back to everyone but I am rather scatty and I have these 3 big distractions....(and I'm just generally a bit rubbish lately, so please don't feel obliged to leave a note) Sorry about the word verification too, too much spam.